Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Golden Half

Gh
I mentioned that I bought a golden half camera. When I bought it I also bought some kola-filters that I've been wanting for quite some time and a holga flash with color filters.

I love half-frames and already have a Diana Mini, but I wanted an alternative camera. Even tough I love my DM I feel like I have to be very gentle with it so I was looking for a sturdier alternate camera and found the Golden Half. I don't mind that it's more limited, it was exactly what I was looking for. I think that you can't really compare the GH with the DM, they're so different! I'll show you some photos later and compare.

The Golden Half has a 22mm wide lens. That’s probably the actual focal length of the lens. Minimum focusing distance is 1.5 meters (60 inches) according to the manual - so no close ups. I've seen some nice photos that have been taken closer than that tough. You can choose between cloudy, sunny or flash.

Ghholga
About the holga flash. I'm very happy with my Diana flash but I wanted a flash that was smaller, sturdier and the best thing - the color filters are stuck on the flash - no need to worry about loosing color gels! As I mentioned I haven't seen the photos yet but one thing I can say is that I'm not completely happy with it. The light that's suppose to tell you that the flash is ready to shoot doesn't always work and the flash takes for ever to load! So I know I have some completely black photos on my roll -_-

Ghkola
Ghfilter
I'm so excited to see how the photos tuns out. I probably should have waited with this post until I could do a full-cover review but I couldn't wait!

The funny thing about that order was that everything matched perfectly!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks awesome! I've been thinking about getting the fish eye no. 2. But now I want a golden half as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a golden half too! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love my golden half! It's so portable and cute~~ I hope you will love yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! And yes, Cin, I really love it!!

    ReplyDelete